Jake's favorite dessert is coconut cream pie so I've tried and experimented with lots of different recipes. I think we've finally found a winner. This was really easy to make, and tasted really yummy. I'm still trying to learn all the settings on my camera, so the photo's not the best, but I tried to make it look pretty. Give this recipe a try and let me know how you like it!
Jake's Father's Day Coconut Cream Pie
- 1 premade graham cracker crust (9-inch)
- 1 package cream cheese, softend (8-oz)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 package Jell-O instant pudding mix, cheesecake flavor (3.4 oz)
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut (I toasted mine a bit first)
- 1 container frozen whipped topping (8-oz.)
- whipped cream or extra frozen whipped topping for the top
- extra flaked coconut for garnish
Beat cream cheese and coconut milk with an electric beater until smooth. Add pudding mix; beat until blended. Stir in coconut; fold in frozen whipped topping. Spread mixture into pie crust; cover and chill 2 hours or until set. Before serving, top with whipped cream or frozen topping and garnish with flaked coconut if desired.